My-Hops Sign in
What is a Backpacker Trip?
If you are looking for 4 or 5 star packages, then you are best off looking to another company for tours, our tours are for backpackers and budget travellers!!!
Our 'Backpacker Tours' aim to make your cash stretch as far as possible. We supplying you with excellent adventures, a wide choice of destinations and short itineraries; perfect for those with-out the luxury of ample time, and who do not wish to spend the big tour prices otherwise on offer. These aren't for those who like to be pampered; they are for people who like backpacking, staying in hostels, and don't mind roughing it a bit to get the real travel experiences.
Some 'backpacker tours' include food, some do not; some might be guided tours, others self-guided tours; many will have basic accommodation supplied, while others allow you to select where you stay. There is no standard rule to a 'backpacker tour', they just have a commonality that they are for budget travel and involve great adventures in awesome locations.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions may vary with a backpacker tour, and are in-line with the terms and conditions of our local operators. For conditions such as date changes to your tour, you have to look at the special conditions listed in the information section of that particular tour on our website. If not listed then they are covered under the general terms and conditions of the Green Toad Bus.
All 'Backpacker Tours' have daily departures, unless expressed otherwise in the tour details.
How to Book a Backpacker Tour
1) First choose the 'Backpacker Tour' that suits you from our selection listed in our 'Packages' section, under the category 'Backpacker Tours'.
2) Then read the specific details of each tour, taking note of any special terms and conditions listed.
3) Next choose how many people a travelling by clicking on the 'How many people travel' button and add travellers names, and press save. This will tally the names and apply the number to the booking system, and by imputting the names here, it helps with the reservation process later on. Please first supply the persons name who is likely to pay for the tour, as they will be sent the invoice.
4) Click on the 'Start Day' function to choose the date you wish to start this tour. Dates can be changed up until a certain number of day's before the commencement of your tour. Check each tours terms for details of this.
5) Select the currency most suited to you.
6) Nights at destination cannot be changed for a 'Backpacker Tour'. The 'Details' section lists the included activities for the tour which begin from the sector city, eg. Manaus.
7) Select any Add-ons to the tour. Sometimes an Add-on is extra days at the locations with more activities included; sometimes they are extra tours available from the sector city; sometimes they are equiptment rentals to complement your trip, and other times they are bus tickets or accomodation and upgrades.
8) Once you are happy with your tour package, click on 'Next Step'
9) You will be taken to our "offers" page and given the option to add other packages which begin in the same sector city. These could be other 'backpacker tours', or even bus passes. Click on 'More Info' for details, or click on 'Continue With This Package' to add it on to your previous tour selection. If you don't wish to do any of the offers, then click 'Skip this step'.
10) You must register your details with our system. First supply us with your email, and the email of the others travelling. If you are a previous customer, then the system will recognise you, and you can proceed to 'Order'. If you are new, you will be required to fill in some details, and the details of others travelling. Please note that these are required to make your booking! Continue by clicking on 'next step'.
11) The next screen you will see is the 'Order' section. This will supply you with a summary of your booking for perusal. Note that a booking fee has been added to cover credit card transcation fees. If everything is satisfactory, then click on the 'Confirm' tab.
12) An email will be sent to each of the participants so they can see what has been selected for them. When you are all in agreement with the package, then the lead user will be able to click another comfirmation link on the email to activate the order. This step is necessary so as to make sure we have your correct email address, and so that you know that everyone you are booking for are content with the purchase.
13) At this point, if you wish to make changes, then enter your account on our website and edit your selection.
14) We then will check your booking to make sure we are able to provide everything you selected for those dates. Once this has been achieved, we will let you know that you can access your account on our website to pay for your tour via paypal or credit card.
15) Final details will be sent to you via email and then Happy Travels!
3 Days / 4 Nights Jungle trip and the Urubu Ecological Lodge departing from Manuas! - Frequency: Daily Departures - Minimum No. of People: 1 - P...
Inca Trail - 3 night/4 day trek to Machu Picchu Many travellers from all over the world come to Peru to hike on the Inca Trail, perhaps the most fa...
Iguassu Falls Backpacker Trip: 4D/3N Departing daily from Foz do Iguacu. Starts on arrival to Foz do Iguacu with your pick-up from the Internatio...
Bike, Hike, Raft and Zip to Machu Picchu - 4 Days/ 3 Nights Desire a bit of adventure combined with a dosage of adrenaline on your way to the great...
Rio to Salvador Backpacker Bus 8 destinations - 11 days Start: Rio Finish: Salvador (option of ending in Morro do Sao Paulo) Frequency: Every W...
Backpacker Trip: Salkantay Trek 5 day / 4 night trek to Machu Picchu. Fast becoming the most popular backpacker alternative to the Inca Trail trek...
Backpacker Tour: Machu Picchu Overnight 2 day/ 1 Night Tour to Machu Picchu One of the most desired backpacker destinations in the world lies at s...
Backpacker Tour: Machu Picchu Day Trip This day trip is for those with not a lot of time to spend in Cusco but wish to see the magical Inca City o...
Travel Pass from Rio de Janeiro to Foz do Iguacu via Campo Grande, Pantanal & Bonito. - Frequency: Daily Departures - Recommended Minimum Duration...
Travel Pass from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro (via Florianopolis, Sao Paulo, Paraty, Ilha Grande) - Frequency: Daily Departures - Minimum Trave...
Travel Pass from San Pedro to La Paz (via Uyuni) - Frequency: Daily Departures - Recommended minimum duration: 4 days - Route: San Pedro de Ataca...
3 Day / 2 Night Pantanal Experience Departs Campo Grande to the Pantanal and returns to Campo Grande. Get a taste of the adventure found within...
Travel Pass from La Paz to Uyuni and back to La Paz - Frequency: Daily Departures (except between Dec 23 - Jan 09) - Minimum No. of People: 1 - ...
Travel Pass from Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo (via Ilha Grande & Paraty) - Frequency: Daily Departures - Minimum No. of People: 1 - Recommende...